Selling today on the Internet has become much harder than it was a couple of years ago. Back then I could create a product host it on Blogger and be taking sales within 24 hours. I could use a service like pingomatic to share my content on all of the Social networks and be laughing my way to the Paypal bank, by the end of the week.
Crazy thing is that although a couple of years ago it was easier to make money…it was still only 3% of Internet marketers who were making anything more than $50 a week….Scary thought hey? Google has completely decimated the incomes of many people who counted on the Internet for making a living with the various “zoo” updates. I think if I were a newbie now I’d be hard pressed to not throw in the towel.
Anyone who believes the “get rich with a couple of clicks” dreams that are still being touted on the internet, needs to wake up and smell the coffee, it’s a dream and nothing more a dream that you’ll endlessly pursue and won’t deliver results.
So what can you do to make a living online if it’s all doom and gloom then? Fortunately there are still ways for making a living online and here are the things I strongly believe you should focus on:
- Focus on something that you have a passion for and create great content
- Create your own information product .(ebook,video or software)
- Build a list using an autoresponder service and offer a free report as an incentive to get people to sign up. You can put affiliate links in this report, but make sure the product offers exceptional value. Once people have signed up give them a one time offer, something that compliments the free report you gave them.
- Get the word out about your web site by posting in forums within your niche, look for people who are looking for help and provide them with useful information. Most forums allow you to have a signature link and you’ll get traffic and signups from this link.
- Focus on building a relationship with your subscribers by sending them a series of useful emails. I have seen it stated that you should not try to sell to your subscribers until they have received at least 5 emails from you, I think this is sound advice.
- Forget about using spammy tools to get results fast, in my opinion the only way to build a good business online now is by focusing on great content and building the authority of your site.
- Stop purchasing the shiny objects from the Warrior Forum, sure there are some good tools there which will help you to build your business, but oftentimes find free equivalents online. In short “STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY“
- Build relationships on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus…again, don’t try to game the system. Ask questions, share your knowledge and establish yourself and your brand as an authority.
Building a successful online business is going to take time, but the long term results are worth the effort. I am going to set up a course here on Stealthymarketer and I will share the techniques that I have learned with my subscribers. So watch this space